Thursday, April 5, 2012

Update

Good Morning! 
Because I ended up having today and tomorrow off work, I have plenty of time to give you an update! :)

The benefit concert went amazingly well! Huge thanks to Higher Power for their willingness to use their time & talents to benefit Restoring Hope and my ministry.  I now have over 50% of my outfit & passage funds -- Praise the Lord! Still praying for more monthly supporters -- will you pray with me, too?

I speak at the All Girls Retreat at Village Creek Bible Camp April 13-15.  I'll be giving a short intro during the Friday night session, and I will do a missions workshop on Saturday.  Pray that God will help me share my ministry and challenge the girls to be involved in missions now. Who knows how God might use them in the future?  :)  Also pray that I'll meet people who are interested in Restoring Hope!

Last night at youth group, our speaker challenged the teens with this:  When Jesus chose to save me, He chose death for himself.  I have the BEST news in the world - the gospel - what am I doing with it?  It's not about my fear, my pride, my schedule, my time - it's about HIM, and His sacrifice on the cross. If I really loved people like Christ loved me, I would be shouting the good news from the rooftops! If I ask for opportunities to share, He WILL give them. But, I need to be in tune with the Spirit's leading and willing to forgo my ____ (needs, schedule, pride, etc) to share the Truth. I'm asking for opportunities this week. Will you pray with me, too?

No comments:

Post a Comment